Thursday, November 27, 2008

The "Pitchfork"....

In answer to Brenda's question..... Here is how I remember the story.

Once upon a time,there was a little 5 year old boy, that had a fiery redheaded temper. also there was an older, teenage sister, that was given the job of baby sitting 3 younger brothers, under the age of 8, while the parents where away for the day. (Most likely at the "oldest" sisters wedding.)
 The fiery tempered 5 year old must not have liked something that he was asked to do , because it turned into a match of wills between the teenage sister, (the one in charge) and the fiery tempered 5 year old. (the one not in charge). The fiery tempered 5 year old decided in a fit of anger to stack the odds in his favor, and picked up a near-by pitchfork, and proceeded to chase the teenage sister, with intent of doing bodily harm. As the teenage sister was running away, (it must be noted hear that the 5 year old was a fairly fast runner), the thought occurred to her that "this is silly, I am bigger than him. " so she turned around and took the pitchfork away from him . 

2 comments:

Brenda said...

That is pretty much the way the older sister in charge remembers it, too. I do remember how scared I was being chased by the red-head with the pitchfork. I thought it was the devil himself!

Glen said...

Dean and I had a similar experience with the pruners. Dean made me go down the cellar steps to get the ball that had bounced down there. I was mad and then Dean started to laugh. I threw the ball at Dean and I missed him and then he laughed harder. I then got really mad and grabbed the first thing I saw: the pruners. I chased him all the way to the top of the orchard before he turned and took them from me.