Sunday, January 31, 2010

Hymn for the Week

FATHER, CHEER OUR SOULS TONIGHT

Father, cheer our souls tonight; Lift our burdens, make them light.
Let thine all-pervading love Shine upon us from above.

Calm the surges of the soul; Bid the dark waves backward roll.
Let us all thy mercies feel Thru the pow'r thou dost reveal.

Bless our loved ones far away; Grant them health and peace, we pray.
In their hearts let holy light Beam to guide their steps aright.

Let implicit faith and trust Help us know thy ways are just.
May thine ever tender love Lead our hearts to thee above.

1 comment:

Natalie Strong said...

I know I haven't done a Hymn of the Week for a while. A couple of weeks agon, while I was sitting at church waiting for Stake Conference to start, I grabbed the Hymn book and said a little prayer in my heart asking the Lord to help me find a hymn that I could share on the blog. Then I opened the book to page 231 and read these words. Tears came to my eyes and I knew I had to share it. I hope you all enjoy it.